My mom’s life story in Pasado Imperfecto
Margoth’s friend Neti came by this evening during dinner. She and Margoth had been out and she stayed while Robin and I ate dinner and watched the ‘novela (as they call them here). Neti is a character. She is funny and direct and very crude and sort of reminds me of Olympia Dukakis’ character in “Steel Magnolias.” In fact, now that I think of it, there are a lot of Steel Magnolia references going on in this household. For instance, I found out when I first arrived that while Tito, Giovani and Rita are Margoth and the Sir’s children, there are two other men who work in the bakery at night who are his children from another woman. Margoth rarely talks to them, and I’ve noticed that Tito never talks to the Sir. I can’t blame Tito, the man is a sour pus, although Robin insists that he’s gotten better since I showed up. She thinks it has something to do with the extra income. I can’t tell if the Sir doesn’t like Margoth or if they just have money arguments. Margoth cooked breakfast for me an...
Comments
Post a Comment